Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bacon and Tomato Egg Sandwich

I've been a big fan of egg sandwiches since I can remember. For most of my life, I'd fry two eggs, dip toast in the yolks, and make a plain egg sandwich out of the remaining egg whites and toast on my plate. After meeting my girlfriend my egg sandwich world was turned upside down. After she made egg sandwiches for us one morning, her method became my favorite alternative to the standard plain egg sandwich.

Egg sandwich with bacon, tomato, American cheese and mayo on white toast.
Mayo on an egg sandwich might sound weird to you (it certainly did to me), but I do encourage you to try it..

Ingredients
  • 1 egg
  • 3 slices of bacon (2 for the sandwich, 1 to eat while cooking!)
  • 1 slice of American cheese
  • 1 slice of tomato
  • 2 slices of white bread
  • Mayo
  • Table salt
  • Fresh cracked pepper

Instructions
  1. Fry bacon. Set bacon aside to cool and crisp. Remove bacon grease from pan but don't wipe out..
  2. Over medium heat, place a small pat of butter in the pan.
  3. Once butter is melted, crack the egg in the pan. Do not break the yolk.
  4. While egg cooks, toast two slices of regular white bread and cut a slice of tomato. Sprinkle salt and fresh cracked pepper on the tomato slice.
  5. When the egg starts to get a little crispy around the edges and the bottom is slightly brown, carefully flip the egg. We are looking for a nice over-easy or over-medium.
  6. After flipping the egg, add the slice of cheese and place lid on the pan.
  7. Spread mayo on one side of both pieces of toast.
  8. The egg is done when the cheese has melted. I like to overlap the cheese slightly so that as it melts it hits the pan and browns slightly around the edges.
  9. Transfer egg to mayo'd toast. Break two pieces of bacon in half and lay the pieces in a row on top of the cheesy egg. Place the slice of tomato on top of all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment